GridcoinStats uses the popular blockchain based blogging platform Steemit to relay news and updates. To read the full article, comment and vote please browse to it by clicking on the title.
Here you can read our latest headlines about the page, as well as the latest headlines in the "gridcoin" category, both from Steemit.com
All the current Whitelisted Projects news feeds are collected on this page as well, which uses their respective forums.
Posts from the Commutiy that are made in sub-categories for a Gridcoin whitelisted project. Read more project specific news on each projects page in the Projects Section
Headlines from projects on the whitelist. Read more by clicking the link, commenting usually possible on respective projects forum. More headlines on each projects details page by clicking on the project name below the article.
Low available work.
For a couple of reasons, the result table has grown to the point where it no longer fits in main memory. That has been slowing the validators and assimilators, which is causing the result table to grow further.
We'd like to get it down to a manageable size before our Tuesday outage. To that end we are throttling work generation to a rate at which the table size is shrinking. We hope that this rate will increase as the table gets smaller.
So for the next few days work will be hard to come by (but not zero).
base R941 Megaprime
On 28th of December 2019, Max_Pirx, a member of the team Gridcoin has found a megaprime 74*941^348034-1 for base R941. The prime has 1.034.913 digits and entered the TOP5000 in Chris Caldwell's The Largest Known Primes Database.
server outage today (done)
I have got the 2nd motherboard but have the same issues as before. I need the current power supply to test with.
New Runs for MilkyWay@home N-Body (1/15/2020)
Happy New Year everyone!
I hope you all had a fantastic new year's celebration. To start off the new year, I thought we should put up a few new runs for Nbody as the previous one have converged nicely. The new runs I put up are:
Thank you all for your continued support, and I wish you all the best for the new decade.
server outage today
I need the power supply and video card from the old server to test it with the new. Maybe the mobo is broken. Not a good start.
2019 Year in Review
So another year has come and gone. It has been a very productive year. Here are the highlights:
1. The results for the septic search, which were completed in 2018, were accepted and published in The Journal of Number Theory.
2. A GPU app was developed for the decic search. Versions were eventually introduced for both Nvidia and AMD cards, and for both the Linux and Windows Platforms. During development, I discovered an opportunity for optimizing the CPU version which was subsequently implemented.
3. The decic app completed the search over ℚ(√-5) (subfield 5).
4. The decic app completed the search over ℚ(√-2) (subfield 4).
5. Searches were completed over the lower discriminant bounds for subfields 6 and 7.
6. The search over ℚ(√2) (subfield 3) progressed further into the higher tiers. We now only have 3 more tiers to go in that search.
Thanks everyone and have a wonderful New Year!
I need to switch to a new server soon and added the paypal donations for the server parts on the frontpage. The new server should be 3 times faster than mine with the same power efficiency.
You can find more infos in [Link] this thread.
If you are not logged into your account you will see an error on the donation page at the moment.
Thx to everyone to help me out to reach the goal!